Saturday, August 18, 2012

August Tecnique Class: Cut It!

Hello!

My name is Hilde, aka Scoobie, and I’m a paper junkie. As long as I have paper and clue, and a pair of good scissors, I’m happy! I admit it, those pre made embellies are soooo convenient, but to me it’s something about just paper.
I love colors and patterns and as soon as I have new papers in my hands I start thinking of how I can cut them. Do they hide any secret patterns? Can I make some coordinating, fun embellishments with them? Some papers require lots of fine cutting, but some of them are easier to work with.

Today I’ll share some ideas about how you can make embellishments of the Carta Bella Cherish paper you find in the August kit.



The probably most obvious is to cut circles from it:



But did you notice you can cut flowers, too?



And when you have cut flowers or circles you are left with some cute diamond shapes.



All these are easy to use on layouts, cards or altered items, just like  I did on this page.


Here is a little close up photo to show how I pimped up my flowers with some stickers from the sticker sheet in the kit.


Have you ever tried to make your own embellies from papers? Do you enjoy cutting as much as I do? I challenge you to study the papers in your kit to find new ways to use them.
Don’t forget to link back to our gallery when you are done so we can leave you some love!

Happy cutting!

0 comments: